Thursday, April 14, 2011

There Shall Be Showers of Blessings

As a young girl I always loved rainstorms.  The thunder and lightning fascinated me.  And the rain...oh the rain was always such a relief.  Right now it is the dry season in Mexico and in the last month there have been several times where the sky darkened, lightning flashed, and the thunder seemed to rumble for miles!  Everywhere...Everyone was peeking out the window or looking up in expectation of the first rains.  But no rain...  

In all honestly, I personally feel like I have been trapped in one of those dry seasons myself.  In the last six monthes the "skies have seemed dark" over my life.  Lightning has flashed and thunder has rumbled, but no rain.   I keep looking up to see the showers of blessing fall on those around me but......NO RAIN!


News from home seems to always be negative.  Here and there people who have always been strong in the Lord are falling.  Some of them are the very people  that I have leaned on.  Here in Mexico, it seems like everywhere God puts me, people are hurting and confused.  You might say, "Sounds like you are right where a missionary should be!"  True yet not an easy place to be.  

I praise God for His constant presence in my life and for the strength His Word gives my family to always share the hope of life in Jesus!  Please join me in praying for Mexico and her millions that need to see the refreshing waters of salvation in Jesus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71gDnLwes80

1 comment:

Diana said...

It rained so hard last night and for quite awhile!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!