Monday, October 22, 2007

Answering the Call and Being Renewed

Wow! What an incredible three days they were! To listen to others share their journey to answering the call of missions is so motivating and encouraging! I know! Too many exclamation points in a row! Since you cannot see my face or hear my voice it is the only way I know to emphasize the shot of holy fervor I have received. Three people raised their hand to commit to serving God with their life!
Our first speaker was Hermano(Brother) Pastor Dr. Sergio Vasquez. That is how he auto-described himself. He is a friend of my hubby from childhood. They grew up in the same Baptist church. Sergio went off to be a Doctor and Antonio went into Business Administration. Somewhere along the line they met again on the missions team of their church. Then Sergio moved away and Antonio married me and we left for the USA. Now 19 years later they meet again. Both are missionary pastors! God is using Sergio to revive a vision for missions in their childhood church! He and his wife travel to three different mission churches in Mexico. They do evangelism, discipleship and medical missions. He shared about the heart of God is missions. God is the greatest missionary. He came himself through his own Son.
Our second speaker was Rogerio Dana. He is from Brazil. He is taking the step of answering the call to serve God fulltime. Pray as he seeks just how God would have him do that. He spoke on what the Bible says a missionary is and how God calls you. His life right now is such a true example of all he was sharing.
My hubby spoke on Sunday. He spoke on the life of Moses as God called him out and plunged him into serving Him. We wanted all of our teachers in the service so I had the privilege of sharing with the children's church. We talked about the wonderful, special message we have to share. We made bottles with a message(several verses and Cristo Te Ama written on it) inside to share with our friends this week.One of the responses of our church to the mission conference is the decision to plan a mission trip to another part of Mexico next summer. Pray as we plan and prepare for this exciting step on the part of the very new believers in Las Trojes!

I will close with a quote that was a prayer during the conference.

“O my Saviour, Help me. I am so slow to learn, so prone to forget, so weak to climb; I am in the foothills when I should be on the heights; I am pained by my graceless heart, my prayerless days, my poverty of love, my sloth in the heavenly race, my sullied conscience, my wasted hours, my unspent opportunities. I am blind while light shines around me: take the scales from my eyes, grind to dust the evil heart of unbelief. Make it my chiefest joy to study thee, meditate on thee, gaze on thee, sit like Mary at thy feet, lean like John on thy breast, appeal like Peter to thy love, count like Paul all things dung. Give me increase and progress in grace so that there may be more decision in my character, more vigour in my purposes, more elevation in my life, more fervour in my devotion, more constancy in my zeal. As I have a position in the world, keep me from making the world my position; May I never seek in the creature what can be found only in the Creator; Let not faith cease from seeking thee until it vanishes into sight. Ride forth in me, thou King of kings and Lord of lords, that I may live victoriously, and in victory attain my end.”
Valley of Vision

No comments: