Sunday, October 7, 2007

Quote from my devotions this morning

The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him" (2 Chron. 16:9).
God is looking for a man, or woman, whose heart will be always set on Him, and who will trust Him for all He desires to do. God is eager to work more mightily now than He ever has through any soul. The clock of the centuries points to the eleventh hour.
"The world is waiting yet to see what God can do through a consecrated soul." Not the world alone, but God Himself is waiting for one, who will be more fully devoted to Him than any who have ever lived; who will be willing to be nothing that Christ may be all; who will grasp God's own purposes; and taking His humility and His faith, His love and His power, will, without hindering, continue to let God do exploits. --C. H. P.

Wow don't you desire to be that man or woman?

I am so amazed that the more I know my Lord the more I see how far I am from His plan for me! Oh yes I am growing always in Him but seem to be more acutely aware of my utter dependence on Him in ALL areas of my life.
Today I sat in the church service and listened to my husband share from his heart all that God is revealing to him through His word. I confess that something he said caused my mind to wander back to a day in 1987 when as a somewhat reluctant single missionary I was sitting on the edge of a ravine in Vallecito, Olancho, Honduras. That day I truly understood for the maybe the first time in my life, that it was not I who served God but God who in His great mercy allowed my life to be a testimony of Him and His Glory! That thought made me evaluate my life, works, and ministries today to see if they and I are truly nothing so Christ and my heavenly Father can be everything.
I repeat don't you desire to that man or woman? I do with my whole heart and being! I will be praying for you and am grateful that you will bring me before the throne of our heavenly Father too.

No comments: