Monday, December 31, 2007

About time....

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. C. S. Lewis

If I had my life to live over again, I'd not be afraid of more mistakes next time.
In fact I'd relax a lot more.
I'd limber up,
I'd be sillier than I've been on this trip.
In fact I know of very few things that I would take so seriously.
I'd take more chances,
I'd take more trips,
I'd climb more mountains,
I'd swim more rivers,
I'd sit and watch more sunsets,
I'd go more places than I had ever been before.
I'd eat more ice-cream and fewer beans.
I'd have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I was one of those people who lived prophylactically
and sensibly hour after hour and day after day.
Oh ! I've had my moments.....and if I had my life to live all over again
I'd try to have more of those moments.
In fact I'd try to have nothing else but wonderful moments,
side by side by side by side - instead of living so many years ahead of my time !
I was one of those people who never went anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat and a parachute.
If I had to do it all over again,
Id travel lighter next time.
If I had my life to live all over again,
I'd play with more children,
I'd pick more daisies.
I'd love more!
If I had my life to live over again ....but you see I don't.
We are only given one!!

-Author unknown-

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No I am not going to fill this blog with New Year's resolutions! I simply will say: I pray for all of us to be faithful to do all that God has for each of us in this coming year to His honor and glory.

I praise God for the part you have played in my life in 2007 and pray that the part I played in your life was a help and blessing to you!

No comments: