Saturday, February 9, 2008

Let's talk more about hands and hearts...




My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10:27-28


I am truly amazed at medicine and technology today yet it's just like our heavenly Father to give me the privilege to say that Mom came through surgery with flying colors and believe it or not is already at home! In less than 24 hours she had surgery on her heart, rested for a night, and then headed for home! God is good all the time but sometimes we see His goodness a little more clearly! Take some time today to truly meditate on the verses above. Do you live life like you are in the palm of His hand? Do feel His gentle caress as you walk through trials and hardship? He is there all the time. He will lift you up eventually. Think of a time someone gave you a hand or simply held your hand. He does so much more He scoops you up in the powerful hand that formed the universe and holds you with the gentleness of a mother with her newborn.

There is one detail though. You have to believe His son died for your sins and rose from the dead to give you the eternal life mentioned in verse 28! If you do believe this, I pray you truly rest each moment in the palm of His hand. If you do not or until now have not believed in this miracle and gift of God, I pray you do not let this day end without asking Him to allow to see His hand reaching out to scoop you up and you scramble in like there will never be another chance!

I started this entry amazed by medicine and technology and end it acknowledging the hand that created it and allows it to heal our physical hearts. Make sure He also gets the opportunity to heal your spiritual heart.

No comments: