Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One of those "Pray for me days..."



Seems like everywhere I turn for the last three days there is need, illness, spiritual warfare and death.

I really do not have words to describe the spiritual oppression I have sensed. So maybe just a list of people and situations to pray for:

Lucia-breast cancer She had surgery on Monday. Have not heard the outcome yet. She is not saved. Antonio and TJ are travelling across the city by bus as I write this to see her and to donate blood.

Julio Cesar- husband of Lucia. Came to the church with her the day before surgery. He has always been closed to hearing about Christ. He asked me to pray with him and Lucia before they left for the hospital. Pray Antonio and TJ can share with him today at the hospital.

Evelia and her son Carlos-going through some very difficult situations including abuse. She seems strong in her faith yet has alot to overcome. He is only 12 and has been through more than anyone much less a child should have to suffer. We praise God they both are saved and seeking God's face and wisdom for healing.

Carmen S. our co-worker is on furlough but was having surgery this past week. We have not heard anything and can only continue to put her in God´s hands.

Four families from the church- are dealing with rebellious teens.

My teens have been reaching out to teens in the area around the church and share almost daily of the temptations and problems these teens confront each day! TJ and Alyssa have been doing a super and wise job of counselling but also share they feel sooooo burdened at times. They both have said "Praise God, for Christian parents and for being saved at a young age." Pray for protection for them and for continued wisdom and strong faith as they walk among unsaved teens.

A family down the street from the church had a "late in life" baby about 5 monthes ago. This past week the husband died unexpectedly of a heart attack. Pray for his wife (Ana Maria) and their three daughters.

Several of our extended family members (on both sides of the family)- Back problems, loss of job, illness, martial problems, and financial difficulties.

Several of our supporting churches- Resignation of a Pastor, financial problems, apathy among the members of the church, church leaders falling into sin, and lack of committment to the Great Commission.

Mexico-just a general attitude of rejection and apathy toward the Gospel.

My family(Antonio, TJ, Alyssa and myself)-At times the task seems impossible. We are all okay but sure do get tired of so much oppression and so many things to do! Most of the time we wish there were more hours in the day. Or we could each divide into 4 people and go 16 different directions at the same time!

Psalm 27
1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
5For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
9Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
11Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Gracias for your faithful prayers and encouragement

No comments: