Monday, August 13, 2007

Great Is His Faithfulness! Lamentations 3:22-25

Today as we sang "Great Is Thy Faithfulness", I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time! "We" were 40 people from the Iglesia Bautista de las Trojes and I'm not sure how many from the Missionary Baptist Church of Valle Dorado. As I mentioned in the last entry, they celebrated their anniversary today.

Those of us from the Las Trojes church piled into a bus and went over to share the day with them. I to be honest thought "Ugh a bus ride in traffic!" But God put me next to Abigail on the bus. Abigail is 6 years old. She thought that the bus ride was truly awesome and her excitement was contagious! I was suppressing the desire to sing camp songs and wave at every car that passed us even before we left the neighborhood around the church. I was simply content watching and listening to Abigail go on and on about the sights outside her window.

Her amazement grew even more when she saw the church building and all the brothers and sisters in Christ who were waiting to greet her as she descended from her chariot! Her face was priceless as she later whispered "Wow they know all of the songs we sing at our church!" Her little voice belting out Great is thy Faithfulness was all I needed to bawl through the last two verses.

I have know the Faithfulness of God for alot of years but today I got a refresher course as I watched a mother church of 16 years sing alongside its 2 year old daughter church. Most of the faces showed they weren't just singing but they were truly praising God for his sovereignty and grace and love in their lives.

Abigail's recap on the bus home was "Can I sleep on your lap cuz I am tired? I've been singing and praying all day!"

No comments: